Airfryer Shrimp Tempura


Air fryer Shrimp Tempura
Air fryer Shrimp Tempura
I tried different way of cooking shrimp tempura in the Air fryer. I use the wet tempura mix before with panko as a final coating but the coating become very sticky. I also tried double dip with egg and panko. It's good but the coating is too thick. For double dip, I usually cook it for 12 minutes. For single dip I tried 12 minutes but the shrimp is a little bit dry. I also tried 9 minutes which is good, my last trial was 8 minutes at the same temperature. The shrimp is moist and soft and that's the way I like. I keep repeating the same temperature and time and I am satisfied with 8 minutes on single dip.
I don't preheat my GoWise air fryer by I preheat my BSOA.
This is a thumbs up at home especially for my picky eaters.
For Tempura mix and panko breadcrumbs, I use the store brand from Assi Plaza.

Air fryer Shrimp Tempura
Author: Neliza Ly

Things used:
Parchment paper
Air fryer

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. shrimp, tail on
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • ½ cup tempura mix
  • 2 XL eggs, beaten + 3 tbsp. milk (egg wash)
  • Salt
Instructions:
  • Season shrimp with salt.
  • Prepare 3 bowls. One for egg wash, another bowl for dry tempura mix and panko breadcrumbs.
  • Dip shrimp with tempura mix, egg wash and then panko breadcrumbs then place it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
  •  Air fryer Shrimp Tempura
  • Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Spray shrimp with vegetable oil then Air fry at 400F for 8 minutes. Flip in between and spray with oil. For Breville Smart Oven Air, I spray the basket and shrimp with oil and air fry at 400F for 10 minutes, no turning or flipping.
  •  Air fryer Shrimp Tempura
  • Enjoy.

Comments

  1. Hi there, I'm looking forward to trying this recipe, but I had a couple questions. Is the tempura batter mix dry in your recipe? The order would be to coat the shrimp in just the dry batter mix, egg wash, and then panko? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, dry tempura batter mix and the order is right. Dry batter, egg wash and then panko. Make sure you spray it with oil or else the coating will not be cook and it will not be golden brown. Enjoy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Air Fryer Rolled Flounder stuffed with mushroom and lemon

Air fry Filipino Pandesal