Air fryer Butternut Squash Cake (Cinnamon Mud Cake)


My kids doesn't want to eat the squash by itself. At first, I was thinking to make a an Instant pot butternut squash candy like the one I ate in the Philippines when I was a kid but it was a thumbs down before after they saw the mashed squash. They don't want to touch it.
I've been thinking to make something for butternut squash for the past few days because my kids doesn't want to eat squash. I was also thinking to use either a brown sugar or white sugar but ended up using a brown sugar as my kids suggested.
I decided to make a cake and told them, it's a surprise cake but they can name it whatever they like after they eat it. It's a thumbs up.
My kids like it. My youngest one told me it's a cinnamon sweet cake while my oldest one told me it's a mud cake because of it's brown color. So, I'm going to call this recipe, Cinnamon Mud Cake. :)
This is my 2nd time making the cake using a bundt pan. I also made a muffin using this recipe.

 If you don't like cinnamon that much. Cut down the cinnamon to 1/2 tsp. I use more cinnamon because my kids love cinnamon and I also try to hide the squash taste.

Air fryer Butternut Squash Cake (Cinnamon Mud Cake)
Author: Neliza Ly

Ingredients:
  • 2 oz (60 ml) 2% milk
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 2 XL eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup (160 grams) cooked butternut squash - (IP for 0 minute QR)
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 cup (140 grams) brown sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup (146 grams) cake flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
Instructions:
  • Coat the entire interior of the 7” bundt pan very well with butter.
  • In a processor, add cooked butternut squash, cinnamon, milk and vanilla. Puree the mixture and set aside.
  • In a bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix and set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and eggs. Mix until creamy.
  • Add flour mixture, and pureed squash. Mix until well combined.
  • Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
  • Cover the pan with foil and poke several holes.
  • Place the bundt pan in the basket and air fry at 350F for 30 minutes with foil. Remove the foil and air fry for another 8 minutes.
  • Carefully remove the bundt pan from the Air fryer. Invert the pan, remove the cake and let it cool on the counter for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
  • Enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Air Fryer Rolled Flounder stuffed with mushroom and lemon

Air fry Filipino Pandesal