Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup)



Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup)

Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup) Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup)


Pho Ga is one of our favorite food at home. Mama makes the best Pho Ga. Every time she make, we usually eat at least 3 times a day in the next few days.

We tried Pho from different restaurants around New Jersey and Philadelphia area. We have one favorite restaurant which is located in Philly. It is a great place to eat but Mama still makes the best Vietnamese food.

I learned how to cook Pho Ga in the regular stove. I converted my recipe to Instant Pot and made some changes to get a better taste. I also found out that cooking skinless chicken in the Instant Pot produce less fat and clear broth which is great for Pho.

My husband and Mama are my taster for Pho. I made slight changes and follow some of mama's suggestions. She approved this Pho version.

Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup)
Author: Neliza Ly

Equipment:


Ingredients:
Garnish:
  • Beansprout
  • Asian basil
  • cilantro
  • Spring onion
  • Hoisin sauce
  • Lime
  • Chili (optional)
Instructions:
  • Place the chicken into a pot.
  • Toast coriander seeds, star anise, cinnamon stick and peppercorn for 3 minutes and insert into a large tea bag or cheese cloth and place inside the pot.
  • Charred onion and ginger (You can use a broiler or a pan). Insert the onion into a tea bag or cheese cloth together with spring onion and placed inside the pot.
  • Add rock sugar, fish sauce and chicken stock (optional). Pour water up to level 10 cups. Close the lid.
  • Select manual mode and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes, 20 minutes NPR.
  • Once cooking is done, release the remaining pressure. Open the lid carefully. Remove the chicken and transfer into a large bowl.
  • Remove the tea bags and strain the broth. Season with salt if needed. (Note: I did not add extra salt).
  • Once chicken is cool to touch, debone, slice or shred chicken into small pieces.
  • Place the cook pho noodles in a bowl. Add chicken, bean sprout, spring onion and pour hot broth.
  • Serve with herbs, hoisin sauce, chili and lime wedges.

Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup)
Toasted coriander seeds, star anise, cinnamon stick and peppercorn
Instant Pot Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle soup)
Charred onion and ginger

Comments

  1. thanks can you make one for pho bo and bun bo hue in an instant pot as well.. thanks.. cant wait to try this too.. right now im using your recipe for heo quay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'll do the pho bo and post the recipe next time once my mom and my husband approve the taste.

      Delete
    2. I updated my bun bo hue after several testing in the instant pot. I did not use pork blood because I can't find in the supermarket and my mama told me, the pork blood here in my area in not very clean.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Air Fryer Rolled Flounder stuffed with mushroom and lemon

Air fry Filipino Pandesal