Instant Pot Ilonggo Ginat-an or Linugaw or Taro Tapioca Coconut Dessert


Instant Pot Ilonggo Ginat-an or Taro Tapioca Coconut Dessert

Ginat-an is a popular afternoon snacks in Iloilo and Guimaras Province with slices of saba banana, taro or dag-may, sweet potato, ube mixed with coconut milk, colored sago pearl and glutinous rice.

I love to eat Taro or Dag-may. I remember when I was a kid, my grandma has a lot of Taro plants near her rice mill. She will just dig the taro roots or use it together with the leaves and stalk to cook for different dishes. 

I omit the sweet potato on my Instant Pot ingredients because sweet potato become mushy once it's overcooked.

Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2tMcCk4 , https://amzn.to/2tXcZaQ
Instant Pot Ilonggo Ginat-an or Taro Tapioca Coconut Dessert
Author: Neliza Ly

Ingredients:

  • 3 pcs (730 grams) Baby Taro
  • 2 plantain banana
  • 2 cans coconut milk 13.5 oz.
  • ½ cup water
  • 1 cup color tapioca pearl (rainbow tapioca Boba pearl)
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 8 oz. Phil-Am Frozen shredded young coconut (kinayod na buko)
  • 2 pandan leaves (screw pine leaves) for flavoring – (optional)
Instructions:
  • Soak Tapioca pearl in tap water for at least 10 minutes then drain.
  • Cut Taro into small pieces and soak in water to prevent darkening.
  • Slice plantain into small pieces.
  • Place everything into the pot and mix well.
  • Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 1 minute, 20 minutes NPR.
  • Once cooking is done, release the remaining pressure. Open the lid carefully, mix and eat.

Comments

  1. Hello. What do you mean by pressure cook for one minute then 20 minute NPR? Specifically the NPR part. I have a 10-in-1 instant pot and I would be extremely happy if I can cook tapioca pearls in my instant pot as opposed to the grueling task of cooking it the traditional way. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy at work. It means, you press the button on your instant pot on manual mode, cook for 1 minute. After 1 minute is done, it will switch to warm mode and will count down from 1. Once it reach 20 minutes, release the remaining pressure if there is still left. Open the lid, mix and eat. For the tapioca pearl, I only use E-FA Brand boba pearl and that brand never fails me. I tried a cheaper brand of tapioca pearl last time, it disintegrate. I hope this helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Air Fryer Rolled Flounder stuffed with mushroom and lemon

Air fry Filipino Pandesal