Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (bamboo shoot with coconut milk Stew)

Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (bamboo shoot with coconut milk Stew)

This is an Ilonggo Food. Most people eat this food for lunch together with steamed rice. I've been eating this since I was a kid. I love this food. It looks like a dessert because of coconut milk but it is not a dessert. This is only known in Iloilo. I don't think other parts of the Philippines make this food.
I always use fresh bamboo shoots. I also tried frozen one. Fresh bamboo shoot taste better and a little bit expensive. I never tried bamboo shoot in a can. I also prefer fresh jute leaves than frozen one. Fresh jute leaves is cheaper. The frozen one is made in the Philippines and already slimy once you thaw it. I love a lot of okra on my food.

Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (bamboo shoot with coconut milk Stew)
Author: Neliza Ly

Ingredients:
  •  1 tbsp. salt
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 14 oz (400 grams) fresh bamboo shoots, slice thinly (If you cannot find a fresh one, you can also use a frozen one) 
  • (16 pcs.) 270 grams shrimp, shells on
  • 1 tsp. shrimp paste
  • 115 grams okra (24 pcs.)
  • 70 grams fresh jute leaves (1/2 bundle)
  • ½ cup (70 grams) corn kernel
  • 2 cans coconut milk
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 cup warm water
  • Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (bamboo shoot with coconut milk Stew)
Instructions:
  • Mix and squeeze bamboo shoots with 1 tbsp. salt and 1 cup of water. Remove excess water.
  • Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (bamboo shoot with coconut milk Stew)
  • Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (bamboo shoot with coconut milk Stew)
  • Place bamboo shoot inside the Instant Pot. Add 2 cups of warm water.
  • Set the Instant Pot on Manual mode, High Pressure for 15 Minutes, 15 minutes NPR.
  • Remove Bamboo shoot, rinse and discard the water to avoid bitter taste.
  • Set Instant Pot in Sauté Mode.
  • Add cooked bamboo shoot and 1 cup warm water, shrimp, shrimp paste, corn, okra, sea salt and coconut milk. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until okra is soft.
  • Add jute leaves and cook for 1 minute.
  • Serve with steamed Rice.
  • Enjoy.
  • Instant pot Tambo nga Laswa (Stew bamboo shoot with coconut milk)
Notes:
  • I love fresh bamboo shoots because it smells good. Frozen bamboo shoots doesn't have nice smell. 
  • I use warm water inorder for the Instant Pot to build pressure quick. 
  • It is a long process but I make this all the time because this is my favorite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Air Fryer Rolled Flounder stuffed with mushroom and lemon

Air fry Filipino Pandesal