Instant Pot Pancit Bam-I - Sauté Mode

Instant Pot Pancit Bam-I - Sauté Mode

Instant Pot Pancit Bam-I - Sauté Mode

Bam-I is very common in our region, the Visayas (Ilonggo). Almost all the carinderias, school cafeterias, and local restaurants serve Bam-I. It is also a staple at every celebration, such as birthdays, Christmas, and other holidays, as we believe noodles represents long life!

You can add chorizo de bilbao on your Bam-I if it's available in your area or add shrimp if you like. I prefer to using Sauté Mode with Bam-I because there's two different types of noodles are used in this recipe; if cooked under High Pressure, one set of noodles will easily become mushy. 

Instant Pot Pancit Bam-I - Sauté Mode
Author: Neliza Ly

Equipment:
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 200 grams cooked pork belly, sliced
  • 200 grams cooked chicken, shredded
  • 8 oz. fish balls, precooked
  • 8 oz. Vermicelli Beans thread noodle (sotanghon), soaked for 5 minutes and drain
  • 4 oz. Pancit Canton (Flour stick noodles) 
  • ½ medium onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 chayote, peeled and sliced
  • ½ cabbage, sliced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and sliced (or cut into flower shapes)
  • 2 cups warm water
  • 4 tbsp. Maggi seasoning 
  • 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
  • ¼ tsp. black pepper
Instructions:
  • Set your Instant Pot to Sauté Mode. Sauté the garlic and onion until golden brown and fragrant.
  • Add the pork, chicken, and fish balls, then sauté for 3 minutes.
  • Add the cabbage, chayote, carrots, water, Maggi seasoning, black pepper, and oyster sauce. Stir well, then cover with glass lid for 5 minutes.
  • Add the soaked bean thread vermicelli and pancit canton noodles. Mix well and cover for with glass lid for another 5 minutes.
  • Remove the lid, give everything a final toss, and serve!
  • Garnish with chopped scallions and  a squeeze of fresh lemon or calamansi if desired. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Instant Pot and Air fryer Roasted Pork Belly, Lechon Kawali or Thit Heo Quay

Air Fryer Vietnamese Honeycomb Cake – Banh Bo Nuong