Air fried Tofu

Air fried Tofu

Air fried Tofu
I don't like to eat tofu especially making it as a soup or saute one but I'm able to eat air fried and deep fried tofu. My kids who doesn't eat tofu, said this recipe taste like chicken nuggets and I never told them it's tofu. This is a thumbs up at home.

Air fried Tofu
Author: Neliza Ly

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. (16 oz) firm tofu (I use House foods brand), drain and cut into cubes
  • 3 tbsp. maggi seasoning
  • 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
  • 2tsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 clove (1 tsp.) garlic, grated
  • 1 tsp. ginger, grated
--
  • Potato starch
  • 1 egg + 1 tbsp. milk or water = egg wash
  • Panko breadcrumbs
Instructions:
  • Mix maggi seasoning, white wine vinegar, vegetable oil, garlic and ginger. Pour into tofu and marinate for at least 30 minutes. I usually marinate mine for 2 hours.
  • Dip marinated tofu with potato starch, egg wash and panko breadcrumbs.
  • Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. Spray tofu with vegetable oil and air fry at 375F for 20 minutes. Flip in between. I use Breville Smart Oven Air. Cooking time varies with different air fryer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airfryer Filipino Style Tortang Talong or Eggplant Omelet

Air Fryer Rolled Flounder stuffed with mushroom and lemon

Air fry Filipino Pandesal